Owner and Data Controller
Deeper Signals Inc.
430 West 34th #16E
New York, NY
Owner contact email: email@example.com
We tried to keep this policy as simple as possible to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have about it. You should read this policy in full.
Types of Data collected
Deeper Signals (“We” “Us”) collects, stores, and uses information you share on our website. This includes your name, e-mail address, and any other information you choose to enter on the website, including without limitation your or your end users’ responses to personalized assessments.
We also record certain technical information whenever you use our website. This includes information about your device and about your visits to and use of our website, such as your IP address, browser type and version, page views, etc.
We use “persistent” cookies on our website. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your device until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why
The provision of contact and other relevant information is required from you to enable us to communicate with you and to provide the services available on our website. If you don’t provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the services which require the use of this information (e.g., certain features or assessments).
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide you with our assessment services. Consequently, we use your information to:
- Calculate and display your personality quiz results
- Send you account-related messages, such as password recovery e-mails;
- Identify you and ensure the security of your account – e.g., by verifying that you own the e-mail address linked to your account;
- Provide you with content and services relevant to you
- Respond to your questions or issue reporting
In addition, we use your information to conduct analytics on how you use our website in order to better understand your needs and to optimize our service and experience. For instance, by measuring the time you spend on a certain page before and after a design change, we can understand whether there’s anything we need to tweak. In order to do that, we use the third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns (for example, how much time you spent reading your personality test results). We’ve already mentioned these services in the Cookies section above.
In short, Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website. Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without impacting the functioning of the Service. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us at the contact information provided in this document.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to Deeper Signals.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
We use all reasonable security and access control measures to secure our accounts on third party services and websites and the data stored therein.
Legal basis of processing
Deeper Signals may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations Deeper Signals may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Deeper Signals is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Deeper Signals;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Deeper Signals or by a third party.
In any case, Deeper Signals will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed on Deeper Signals servers and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about Data Transfer.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Deeper Signals to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Deeper Signals using the information provided in the contact section.
How long do we retain your data and how can you manage your data?
If you have an account on our website, you can use the Profile section to change most of your personal details. For instance, it allows you to:
- Update your e-mail address
- Edit your profile name
- Change your gender and all other demographic information provided
- Delete your account
Personal Data will be processed securely and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of the services we provide to you, such as providing you with personality quiz results, shall be retained for an unlimited amount of time, or until you request that we delete your personal data
- Personal data collected from you on behalf of a contract with an organization that employees you will be retained for as long as is required to provide the services to such organization, or until the specific data privacy agreement with said organization obligates us to delete or anonymize your data.
- Any Personal Data collected for the purposes of Deeper Signals’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. You will find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Deeper Signals within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us.
Deeper Signals may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent, as long as such consent is provided with clear intent not withdrawn. Furthermore, Deeper Signals may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation.
Once the retention period expires, all personally identifiable data shall be permanently deleted or permanently and irrevocably anonymized. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Deeper Signals to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Registration and authentication, Displaying content from external platforms, Hosting and back-end infrastructure, Interaction with data collection platforms and other third parties, Analytics.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google LLC)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening Users' IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Deeper Signals is allowed to transfer Personal Data collected within the EU to third countries that the EU has deemed not to have adequate data privacy protections in place only pursuant to an authorized transfer mechanism, which may include Standard Contractual Clauses in the form provided by the European Commission, or pursuant to an Article 49 derogation for specific situations, including without limitation a user’s explicit consent, necessity for the performance of a contract, necessity for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the data subject, or necessity for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims .
This means that Data recipients have committed to process Personal Data in compliance with the data protection standards set forth by EU data protection legislation. For further information, Users are requested to contact Deeper Signals through the contact details provided in the present document.
Displaying content from external sources
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Website and interact with them.
This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Google Fonts (Google LLC)
Google Fonts is a typeface visualization service provided by Google LLC that allows this Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable this Website to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Website. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Amazon Web Services, Inc.)
Amazon Web Services is a hosting and backend service provided by Amazon.com Inc.
This type of service allows Users to interact with data collection platforms or other services directly from the pages of this Website for the purpose of saving and reusing data.
If one of these services is installed, it may collect browsing and Usage Data in the pages where it is installed, even if the Users do not actively use the service.
By registering or authenticating, Users allow this Website to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, this Website will be able to access some Data, stored by these third-party services, for registration or identification purposes.
Google OAuth (Google LLC)
Google OAuth is a registration and authentication service provided by Google LLC and is connected to the Google network.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Deeper Signals.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Deeper Signals, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Deeper Signals will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Deeper Signals.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
If you’d like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the request from the e-mail address associated with your account in order for us to process it.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Deeper Signals, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Deeper Signals is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the us through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Deeper Signals as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Deeper Signals in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that Deeper Signals may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Deeper Signals at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies. In addition, your browser allows you to disable cookies from this website, or any other website in the browser settings.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Deeper Signals shall collect new consent from the User, where required.