Deeper Signals uses self-insight, feedback and technology to transform how people work together. We’re an early-stage, fast growing startup that specializes in modern assessment tools that grow individuals, build teams and scale organizations.
We are a global and virtual team across North America, Croatia, Italy, New Zealand, United Kingdom and India. We encourage people from these regions to apply. To help us deliver our mission of democratizing feedback, we are looking for a bright, proactive, curious and personable assessment specialist to join our team.
We need a person who will confidently lead client engagements, provide support and training to our clients, assist in the development of our psychometric tools, and write engagingly for the popular press. You will report directly to the CEO and co-founder.
The role is best suited to someone who can work in a startup environment, act independently and take the initiative. We can offer an exciting and satisfying work environment that will accelerate your professional development.
If this sounds exciting, you are up for a challenge and the job description feels like a good fit for you, let’s chat.
What you’ll do:
- Solutions expert - Work directly with clients to design perfect assessment solutions. You’ll accurately understand their challenges, and recommend how assessments, feedback, automated development and data can solve them. You’ll train them on our tools so that they become experts and achieve great results.
- Assessment builder - Help us build and maintain an industry leading suite of assessment tools. You will have passion for personality assessment and data, and can use a variety of psychometric methods to ensure our assessments stay reliable, valid and free of bias. You’ll be testing new questions, running research studies, and preparing technical documentation.
- Thought leader - Co-create new methodologies, tools and content to make our assessments even more useful. Inform and educate the market about Deeper Signals’ mission and assessments. Develop technical guides, whitepapers, podcasts and blog articles.
- Teacher - Support our users when they need help using our assessments and platform. Teach users how to get the most out of their platform subscription by responding to requests. Build support materials, and expand our online training academy.
- Teammate - Work cooperatively and cheerfully with a diverse, multinational group of very smart colleagues. Be friendly and work to make your teammates successful.
The ideal superstar will have most of these capabilities (but no one is perfect):
- A masters in Industrial-Organizational psychology (or higher).
- Relevant work experience is always appreciated, but we welcome applications from ambitious and hard-working individuals who have recently graduated.
- Expertise in using personality assessments in talent management practices (i.e. employee selection, development, team building, leadership, etc.).
- Comfort and confidence facilitating training sessions and supporting clients.
- Excellent consulting and project management skills. You know how to gather client requirements and design the right solution.
- Skilled in psychometric theory and practice. You know how to develop, validate and maintain psychometric inventories.
- Enjoys working with new technologies and online platforms to create internal and external efficiencies.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills. You can communicate technical concepts in an accessible way.
- Has a strong attention to detail, highly organized, and proactive in getting stuff done.
- Comfortable working in R or Python to conduct psychometric analyses.
We are committed to living our mission every day, and that starts with providing benefits and a work environment that brings out the best in people. We offer:
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Opportunity for equity in the business
- Flexible paid time off and a competitive vacation policy
- Four-day workweeks, twice a month
- A fully remote position and flexible working hours
- Investment in your professional development
The Deeper Signals Culture
As a young startup, our team means everything to us. We rely on each other to do great things. Any new team member should be respectful, committed, and be willing to support their colleagues. Our culture can be described as:
- Curious: We push ourselves to do things differently.
- Respectful: We listen and care for each other. There is no place for egos.
- Proactive: If you don't do it, it won't get done.
- Diverse: Different perspectives help us build the best solutions.
- Relentlessness: No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We will try again.
- Reliable: We take risks while delivering consistency and stability for our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization where everyone can do their best work. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.