Head of Business Development
Who we are
For the driven and curious, Deeper Signals unlocks accurate, personal insights that help grow individuals, build teams and scale organizations, changing how people work together. You can try it for yourself here.
We are on a mission to revolutionize employee development. We marry cutting-edge technology with robust science to democratize self-awareness. The end result? Everyone receives the kind of personalized insight CEOs get, but without the CEO price tag.
What we’re looking for
As a young start up, we’re looking for someone who is curious, proactive and willing to take initiative.
As Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for overseeing the commercial growth of Deeper Signals. You will have the opportunity to engage with all aspects of business development, from building a healthy pipeline of qualified leads to leading sales meetings and closing deals. This is a great opportunity for those looking to have a big impact and build a high-performing sales machine.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Identifying high quality customers in our target market.
- Developing and executing both inbound and outbound lead generation strategies.
- Establishing a high-quality sales pipeline, from building awareness and prospecting to contracting and closing.
- Leading sales meetings to educate prospective clients and craft solutions.
- Serving as a primary point of contact for clients — follow up after sale, make sure clients are satisfied, and maintain relationships over time.
- Tracking and engaging clients using CRM tools such as HubSpot and MailChimp.
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum of five years proven track record in managing business development and sales cycles within the HR consulting or tech industry (experience working in early-stage start-ups preferred).
- Deep industry knowledge of talent assessment and development, HR, and people analytics space.
- Strong business acumen, understanding how to apply Deeper Signals solutions to solve client’s talent development or L&D needs.
- Experience using the the "Challenger" sales model.
- Proficient in using CRM tools such as HubSpot and MailChimp, and other tools to optimize social media presence.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- An undergraduate degree in Psychology, Human Resources, or related discipline is preferred.
What we value
- Curiosity: Why? How? Could this be done differently?
- Proactivity: If you don't do it, it won't get done.
- Integrity: we rely on each other to show up and do what we say we will.
- Reliability: We're an early stage startup, but we service large companies who rely on us for consistency and stability.
- Relentlessness: No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We will try again.
- Diversity: Different perspectives help us build the best solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.
We are ideally looking for someone who can work full-time (40-hours per week), although open to part-time or flexible hours for the right person. We are a completely virtual business, covering all US time zones with clients in North America, Europe, APAC, and South America. Compensation includes salary and commission based on all new business you generate.
If this sounds like a good fit or if you have any further questions, we would love to hear from you. You can get in touch with us by clicking the button below.