Senior Backend PHP Software Engineer
Who we are
Deeper Signals is a new fast growing startup that unlocks personal insights that help grow individuals, build teams and scale organizations, changing how people work together.
We are on a mission to revolutionize employee development. We marry cutting-edge technology with robust science to democratize self-awareness. The end result? Everyone receives the kind of personalized insight CEOs get, but without the CEO price tag.
What we value
- Curious: Why? How? Could this be done different?
- Proactive: If you don't do it, it won't get done.
- Reliability: We're young, but we service large companies who rely on us for consistency and stability
- Relentlessness: No one here gives up. we try. We fail. We try again
- You will be responsible for leading the design and development of innovative solutions to technical challenges in our software, together with 4 full time engineers and designers working on our platform
- Write high quality, well-tested, extensible and scalable code
- Collaborate with a tight-knit team solving tough problems by building quality enterprise solutions with a professional design and coding process
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies within our industry and lead the implementation of these new technologies
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
Our Technology Stack
- LAMP stack environment
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years of PHP development experience
- Experience using MS SQL Server or other relational databases
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- Agile development experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks preferably Symfony
- Team focused with great communication and collaboration skills
- A Plus: Previous experience in SaaS system architecture and multi-tenant enterprise platforms
- A Plus: Experience with Elastic Search
We are ideally looking for someone who can work full-time (40-hours per week), although open to part-time or flexible hours for the right person. We are completely remote business, covering all US time zones with clients in North America, New Zealand, India, Kenya and Brazil.
Compensation will be competitive to your region with opportunity for equity options for the right candidate.
If this sounds like a good fit or if you have any further questions, we would love to hear from you!